Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health
§ 6 Explosion protection document
(1) In carrying out the obligations laid down in section 3, and regardless of the number of workers, the employer shall ensure that a document, hereinafter referred to as the “explosion protection document”, is drawn up and kept up to date.
(2) The explosion protection document shall demonstrate in particular:
- that the explosion hazards have been determined and assessed,
- that adequate measures will be taken to attain the aims of explosion protection,
- those places which have been classified into zones in accordance with Annex 3, and
- those places where the minimum requirements set out in Annex 4 will apply.
(3) The explosion protection document shall be drawn up prior to the beginning of the works. It shall be revised whenever the work equipment or work sequence has been modified, enhanced or redesigned.
(4) Without prejudice to the individual responsibility of each employer as provided for in the Protection at Work Act and the sections 7 and 17 of the Hazardous Substances Act, the employer responsible for the provision and use of the work equipment shall coordinate the implementation of all the measures concerning workers’ health and safety and shall state, in the explosion protection document referred to in subsection 1, the aim of that coordination and the measures and procedures for implementing it.
(5) In compliance with the obligations laid down in subsection 1 hereof, existing hazard assessments, documents or other, equivalent reports may be used that have been prepared under obligations imposed by other legal provisions.